3 medium new potatoes
12 whole green beans
2 cups curly lettuce
2 medium tomatoes
100 grams feta cheese
200 grams hot smoked salmon
8 black olives
2 teaspoons pine nuts
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
(1) Scrub the potatoes and chop into 3 cm cubes. Cook until tender and leave to cool.
(2) Boil the eggs for 7 minutes. Cool, remove shells and chop into 4 wedges.
(3) Steam the beans until just tender. Cool.
(4) Tear the lettuce into palm-size pieces. Chop each tomato into wedges, the feta cheese into cubes and the salmon into chunks and the olives in half.
(5) In a bowl place the lettuce and salmon, then scatter over the vegetables, egg, cheese and nuts.
(6) Shake the vinegar and pesto together. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
Energy: 1254 kj (300 cal) Carbohydrate: 22 g Fibre: 4.8 g Total fat: 13.4 g Saturated fat: 5.1 g Sodium: 1405 mg GI: medium GF* Use GF pesto